What's cool about bookkeeping is that it enables you to see what is going on in your business, clearly. And, clarity is what enables you to go forward, to do your thing.
What I do
provide basic bookkeeping services
- especially for those who don't want to, or don't really get how to, deal with it (there's an inherent specificity to bookkeeping—it's your business & no one does it quite like you—it's just that I get that you don't want to deal with it; I'll match your workflow, your preferences and concerns)
- using QuickBooks on a mac or pc, or online
establish routines & procedures
- making it easier for you to maintain your books and related documents
- to get the reports you need, or didn't know you could really use
- that organize and schedule the financial side of your workflow**
leaving you with accurate and useful financial records.
If you're good at what you do, and need someone else to get your books in order, we may want to work together.
You can use the contact form
to tell me a bit about your business, and what's not working for you when it comes to bookkeeping.
Or, take the bookkeeping self-exam
And, you could also check out the week-end report
The week-end report is not about the weekend, or even written over the weekend, it’s about the week as it ends.
A log of weeks as they end.
52 entries a year.
Taking my shot at describing, capturing for future, further access, what I learned this week—whether I really understood it, or not.
Sometimes it’s general stuff that applies to much more and different situations than practicing bookkeeping, and other times it’s completely bookkeeping-specific.
I don’t know how to organize this yet, and I probably shouldn’t start, publish, this before having some experience with it.
** Here's where it can really get interesting.
The process of setting up your books requires an understanding of your workflow (how you invoice clients, receive their payments, pay your bills, file things, etc.).
When an outsider starts asking the questions necessary to gain that understanding, you get a fresh look at your company.
You'll be able to see what's working, and what could work better, or be done with fewer steps, be automated, or eliminated.***
More important: I'll be able to see it, and I'll start simplifying things for you.
It's what I do.
***For most of us, this will cause discomfort.