some of your habits are older than some of your relationships
The depth of your relationship
with your habits—
- I mean your beliefs, expectations, fears, worries, boredom
- the complexity developed during longterm interaction
- the profundity and impact of longterm familiarity
- the cumulative effect of traversing that much distance and time together across your personal landscape
- that depth of relationship, subtle and quiet and strong—like the imperceptible and constant force that maintains integrity inside a cell
the depth of your relationship with your habits is practically immeasurable.
Nearly inseparable from who you are.
And yet, change is what is required.